Church of the Epiphany

Opened in 1844, this historic Episcopal, -style church has been added to the National Register of Historical Places. Used as a hospital for Union troops in 1862, the Church of the Epiphany held memorial services for slain President McKinley in 1901, and since 1925, has rung its bells in honor of each newly inaugurated president.

The church’s slim shape and Gothic Revival stone façade stand out amongst the tall modern office buildings of downtown D.C. The interior features several intricate stained glass windows, and outside, a small shaded courtyard offers benches and a bit of quiet. This small parish of about 350 worshipers is focused largely on serving, helping and supporting the surrounding homeless community.

Practical Information

Street parking is plentiful around the church, and is free on Sundays. The Metrorail’s Metro Center station, serving the Red, Blue, and Orange Lines, is just one block away; the church’s congregation blessed the opening of this station in 1976.
Location
Endereço: 1317 G St NW, Washington DC 20005, EUA
Leia mais

Excurs�es e atividades (0)

times
icon-filterFiltrar
Remover tudo
Escolher datas

Nenhum resultado encontrado!

Ordenar por:Padrão

mobile_o
Não consegue reservar online?
+55 (21) 3956-1660
Ligue para +55 (21) 3956-1660