Idiomas da excursão
- Encontros íntimos com a vida selvagem
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Conduzida por um guia local
- Viagem de vários dias
The climb commences at the small gate above Umbwe Village, then for an hour winds along a gentle track until a signboard announces “Umbwe”. Six hours ascending through the dense forest of rubber trees and giant fig trees, scrambling up steep sections of roots and rock will bring you to a forested campsite, with some caves nearby. No water available at this campsite, so you must carry from the gate all the water needed for drinking, food preparation and cleaning. Arrive to a hot dinner in your mess tent.
DAY 2 UMBWE FOREST CAMP ~ BARRANCO CAMP
You will be woken with a steaming cup of tea or coffee at around 6am, and then after breakfast continue steeply through the forest. Soon the taller trees will give way to Giant Erica and Heather, and the air will become drier. The ridge line forms steeply on this day, and on either side of the trail, the terrain drops away steeply. At some point the forest and the clouds will part to give you a fabulous view of Uhuru Peak, seemingly “overhead”. After lunch, you will encounter giant groundsels, seemingly guardians of untouched treasures. After 5 to 7 hours of trekking you reach camp.
DAY 3 BARRANCO CAMP ~ KARANGA CAMP
Today you trek to Karanga Valley Camp, at 13,000 feet, between Barranco and Barafu Camps. This day has proven to be very important for acclimatization. The day begins with a scramble up the steep ‘Barranco Wall’, then traversing up and down the slopes of valleys which have carved their way into the mountain’s southern face. You reach the Karanga Valley after 3-4 hours of trekking for a hot lunch.
DAY 4 KARANGA CAMP ~ BARAFU CAMP
From here the trail turns steadily uphill. The temperature will grow colder and the landscape more sparse as we near Barafu Camp set on a small, exposed flat area on a ridge, acting a base camp from which you will make your summit attempt at midnight. Total trekking time is 4-5 hours, with a hot lunch upon reaching camp. Eat and drink as much as possible before retiring early to your tent for rest and sleep.
DAY 5 BARAFU CAMP ~ UHURU PEAK ~ MWEKA CAMP
The steaming hot drink will arrive very early on this day. A midnight wake-up call is the start of a juggernaut (12-17 hours of trekking). You begin trekking at 1am. The winding path of endless switchbacks will take form and shape in the shadows of the Ratzel and Rebman glaciers at early dawn. After about 6 hours of walking, you will come to the edge of the crater, at Stella Point (at 19,000 ft), which marks the end of the steep track. From here, there is a gentle slope about 1 hour to Uhuru Peak. After a short time at the summit, descend the steep scree trail back to Mweka Camp for the night.
DAY 6 MWEKA CAMP ~ MWEKA GATE
Descend straight to the gate (2-3 hours), where you’ll have lunch and will be awarded climbing certificates.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Umbwe route ascent trail
- Accommodation as per itinerary (bed and breakfast on the first night)
- Bottled water
- Transport by private vehicle
- Airport transfers
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Visa fees and flight tickets
- Costs of items of personal nature
- Mountain hiking gears (though for hygienic purposes many guests prefer bringing their own gears)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler