This 3-hour, Maori-led walking tour of Waiheke Island introduces you to the area’s natural and cultural history. Start off from the ferry terminal and hike along winding trails to coastal headlands for panoramic views over the Hauraki Gulf. Hear Maori stories of the island and visit an award-winning vineyard for wine tasting.
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
- Sinta o ar nos pulmões em uma excursão a pé
- Obtenha dicas exclusivas de nativos
Your tour of Waiheke Island begins at the Matiatia ferry terminal on arrival from Auckland (ferry ticket is your own expense). You will be met by your guide when you disembark from the ferry.
Start off with a gentle, scenic walk along the beach then up through a regenerating native forest. Your walk continues with a steady climb to a headland that boasts sweeping views around the island, including a vista of Auckland. This portion of the tour takes about 1.5 hours at an easy pace, including photo stops and Maori stories about the region.
On arrival at a Waiheke Island vineyard, indulge in wine tasting (children may enjoy juice, water, or soda) with time to relax and take in the scenery. You may choose to end your tour here — it's a perfect place for lunch (own expense) and just a 20-minute downhill stroll to the ferry terminal with alternative tour end points at Oneroa village and Matiatia ferry terminal.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Walk with Maori tour
- Professional Maori guide
- Wine tasting
- Juice, soda, or water for children
- Ferry fares
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years