Stop to stretch your legs in the heritage-listed Hermannsburg Historic Precinct, then continue into Finke Gorge National Park. After morning tea in Palm Valley, which is located in the park, hop back in your 4WD vehicle. Follow the Finke River along a sandy track that is surrounded by spectacular rock formations.
Palm Valley is named for the some 3,000 red cabbage palms found only here. See the trees in addition to other species of cycads and palms on a guided walk. From there, the 4WD vehicle takes you to Kalarranga Lookout. Hop out here for another guided stroll of less than a mile (1.5 km). Panoramic views of sculptural sandstone hills, rugged cliffs and natural stone towers create some great backdrops for photos.
Return to the Hermannsburg Historic Precinct where you can enjoy a ploughman’s lunch (think cheeses and bread). German Lutherans established Hermannsburg in 1877, making it the first Aboriginal mission in the Northern Territory. After lunch, stroll through historic Lutheran mission buildings and learn about the importance of this area to the Western Arrernte Aboriginal people.
One of the most interesting local history lessons takes place at the home of the late Albert Namatjira, an acclaimed watercolor artist who lived in the mission. You'll also get to see his art in the local art gallery.
In the late afternoon, board your coach for the drive back to Alice Springs. Your tour ends with drop-off at your Alice Springs hotel in the early evening.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam aproximadamente 30 a 60 minutos antes deste horário; o horário exato de embarque será informado na reconfirmação.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Palm Valley 4WD Tour
- Morning tea
- Live commentary on board
- Guided walks
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Hermannsburg entrance fee
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Hat, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in the guided walks; all walks are subject to weather conditions
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.