Derived from the Hindi word mahaut, a mahout is traditionally a person who rides, handles and cares for an elephant for most of its life. At Bali Zoo, most of our professional mahouts are from Sumatra where our elephants originate and for one day they will show you what a day in the life of one of these amazing creatures.
- Inclui transporte de ida e volta em hotéis selecionados
- Fique bem perto da vida selvagem nativa
- Inclui café da manhã
- Inclui almoço
After an introductory Mahout 101 course, you will accompany your elephant back to the starting point for an opportunity to feed our African lion family, have a stroll around the zoo and then a private animal encounters session where you may have your photo taken with our tame tiger cubs, crocodiles, binturongs, pythons and more. Then it’s on to our famous "Lunch With The Lions" at the WANA Restaurant, where you can enjoy our western-influenced cuisine in full view of our lion enclosure.
After lunch, it’s back on your elephant for a 45-minute Elephant Expedition where you will journey across the Wos River, through the zoo’s surrounding wilderness and grassy valley, a short stop at our Bale Bengong for a refreshing and healthy young coconut drink and then finally a short trek up to the oldest village temple in the area that dates back almost 300 years. Once back at the buffalo house disembarkation point you will be treated to a sumptuous Jungle SocieTea at the WANA Restaurant followed by an hour relaxing Balinese massage before transfer back to your hotel by late afternoon.
Bali Zoo’s Mahout For a Day experience is designed to not only enlighten you on the behavior of these magnificent mammals and what it entails to command and care for them, but also leave you fulfilled having participated in probably one of the most unique outdoor adventures you will have on the island during your visit.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam antes desse horário
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Mahout For A Day at Bali Zoo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Souvenir photos & CD (During Mahout For A Day program will be also given)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women