Your guide will share legends of the Maori people and stories from European colonial history as you stroll by thundering waterfalls and magnificent trees, including two of the largest kauri in New Zealand. Keep an eye out for native birds such as the rare kokako, which was only recently reintroduced to the forest. You'll marvel at the variety of the 370 recorded species of plants – some not found anywhere else in the world!
You’ll witness conservation efforts in the forest, learn the Maori names for some tree species and come to understand the ecology and legends of the kauri tree. Also enjoy a stop for refreshments around the halfway point of your walk.
At the end of the tour, you will be returned to your ship with great memories from this excursion into the lush Puketi forest.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Bay of Islands port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Fotos recentes desta excursão
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Bay of Islands Shore Excursion: Puketi Rainforest Guided Walk
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (Full day tour if option selected)
- Medium fitness level required on half day walk, higher level of fitness required on full day walk.
- Please bring good walking shoes, sunscreen, hat and day pack.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.