Idiomas da excursão
- Conheça lugares fora dos circuitos habituais em uma 4x4
- Fique bem perto da vida selvagem nativa
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Inclui bebidas gratuitas
- Inclui almoço
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
Embark on a 1.5-hour drive from our office up rough dirt roads and through small Maya Villages and scenic countryside. Arrive at the sprawling archaeological site of Caracol and learn about the anthropology and archaeology, as well as the flora and fauna of the area including rare and endangered wildlife such as Keel-billed Motmots, Tapirs, Jaguars, Oscillated Turkeys, Gibnut (the “Royal Rat”) and Coatimundis.
Caracol had a huge population center at its peak, with over 150,000 inhabitants and 30,000 structures. You might get lucky and see a family of howler monkeys in the trees over the ancient Maya ball-courts, or revel at the engineering and architectural sophistication of the Maya people as you climb up the temple pyramid structure of Caana (Sky Temple), the highest man-made building in Belize still to this day. Once at the top, nearly 135 feet above the plazas, you will get impressive panoramic views of Belize and neighboring Guatemala.
The histories of the inhabitants of Caracol are documented by scribes of the past in hieroglyphics and carvings on the monuments, stelas, and altars that are found throughout the site. Caracol has a very unique history from other major ancient cities in the region, and your guide will illuminate the rich and complicated past of this glorious civilization with a fully guided tour of the excavated portions of the Caracol site.
After touring the ruins, refresh with drinks and a picnic lunch. We then continue back through the Pine Ridge where we take a break at the Rio On Pools, a series of natural swimming holes, and the lush Rio Frio Cave to cool down and relax in the clear water.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Caracol Archaeological Site, Cayo, Belize.
- National Park fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Picnic lunch with a drink
- Rum punch
- Round-trip transportation
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate
- What to bring: Hiking sandals or trainers, towel, small backpack, liter of water, bug spray, snacks, swim wear with shorts, camera
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.