Idiomas da excursão
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Apresentação perfeita para hóspedes de primeira viagem
- Sinta o ar nos pulmões em uma excursão a pé
- Obtenha dicas exclusivas de nativos
- Experiência romântica, perfeita para casais
- Lanches e bebidas inclusas
The stories behind Hungary’s patisseries are also fascinating and we’ll talk about the techniques used in the Hungarian pastry kitchen as well as the flavours and ingredients that show up again and again in many forms. The Hungarian kitchen has been heavily influenced by other cultures over the centuries and desserts are no exception. You’ll see and taste examples of how Hungarian desserts are continuing to evolve, while continuing to value the old traditions. There is so much more than fancy desserts to try. There are countless types of pancakes and strudel, Jewish-Hungarian sweets, fabulous creations made from marzipan, colourfully-decorated honey cakes, delicious sweet wines, and many new chocolatiers producing fine chocolates in some very Hungarian flavors. In addition to the long-time favourites, we will experience some of the more innovative sweets being made today by talented local chefs and entrepreneurs.
We’ll visit elegant cafés where influential literary reviews were edited and where some of Hungary’s greatest contemporary writers laboured. We will see a Communist-era 'presszó-style café' (more of a social club than a traditional café), as well as a contemporary café for an artisan coffee prepared by a passionate barista. By the end of this tour you will have seen some of Budapest’s most beautiful buildings, and tasted some of the best cakes and coffees in town.
Get acquainted with the both the old and new aspects of Hungarian desserts and cafés. You will not only learn about the desserts themselves, but about the places and periods of history during which they were created. You’ll get an engaging overview of Budapest’s café society, from past to present, and see how influential these grand coffee houses were in the history of Hungary and its literature. You will see some of Budapest’s most beautiful buildings, and visit at least five cafés (as well as the sites of some others which were shuttered during Communism, and never re-opened). At each stop we will taste several products which we think best represent Hungarian desserts. You’ll taste the strong coffee which has fuelled generations of Hungarian writers (or if you don’t want to get over-caffeinated, you can order something else), and you’ll start the tour with Tokaji aszú, the famous dessert wine.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Small Group Tour (SW & CH)
Small group Sweet and Coffeehouse Walk (max. 6 people).
A partir de
USD 75,00Detalhes de preços
Private Tour (SW & CH)
Have your private guide pick you up in your hotel (if it is centrally located) and take you on your very own sweet and cofeehouse adventure in Budapest!
A partir de
USD 125,00Detalhes de preços
Elaborate cakes in a Budapest "cukrászda"
- English-speaking, food-specialized guide
- Includes tastings of a variety of sweets, coffee (or other drinks), and sweet Tokaj wine
- Tour includes visits to five or six venues
- Many stops for photos, questions and occasional sweets-shopping
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Three-hour tour, from 3:30pm-6:30pm (unless otherwise requested)
- If you would rather have a private tour (which can be customized), please choose the "Private Tour" option when booking.
- Though there will be plenty of eating breaks, be prepared to cover a lot of ground on your feet during this tour. Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Dietary Requirements: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.