Idiomas da excursão
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Para toda a família
- Inclui transporte de ida e volta em hotéis selecionados
- Inclui almoço
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
Begin your day-trip travelling the scenic world heritage listed road up to Lake Barrine. This crater was formed when hot molten rock came into contact with groundwater. The build-up of steam blasted the central core from the volcano, and over time thi spectacular crater has filled with rainwater. The best known botanical features of Lake Barrine are the twin Rough-Barked Kauri Pines. These 164-foot (50m) giants are estimated to be over 1,000 years old. These trees will be encountered upon our rainforest walk within the surrounding rainforest of the Crater. An award winning devonshire tea will be served in the tea-house overlooking the now peaceful lake.
Then visit one of the largest Strangler Fig Trees in the Tableland's rainforests, the Curtain Fig Tree. This tree has more than just history behind it's name, and is around 500 years old, a truly spectacular giant of the rainforest.
Your next destination is the North Johnstone Rive and Malanda Falls. This waterfall was created by the last flow of lava from the Malanda Shield Volcano. There are two spectacular and educational 20-minute walks in the surrounding rainforest with the possibility of spotting a tree kangaroo, along with many interesting species of bird-life, and endemic rainforest species unique to the Mabi rainforest.
Next, head to the famous and most photographed waterfall in Australia. Millaa Millaa Falls. This is a great place for a quick swim on a hot day, with an invigorating massage from the cascade of mountain water. After a swim, make your way to Zilliee Falls. A short walk takes you through some rainforest to the viewing area at the top of the falls providing some creative photography opportunities.
Then visit a spectacular waterfall, Ellinjaa Falls, only a short walk through the rainforest. Steps have been cut into the path to make the descent safer and easier.
After all this walking and exploring it's time for a big homemade country lunch, catering for all tastes and dietary requirement's.
Travel to your highest point on tour over 3000-feet above sea level to a spectacular lookout that provides aerial views from the coast to the mountains.
Your tour continues along the crater valley way offering some absolutely breathtaking scenery of rolling green pasture, huge valleys and mountain ridges to Mt Hypipamee National Park. Here you will be treated to more spectacular rainforest walks and some phenomenal natural landscapes including dinner falls, and a volcanic crater that will have you feeling a little dizzy as you take a look at the deep results of a single explosive event that occurred during the volcanic era.
By now your camera batteries will be drained and you will be ready to absorb the fun stories and memories of the day, as you make your way back to your hotel in the late afternoon.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam aproximadamente 30 a 60 minutos antes deste horário; o horário exato de embarque será informado na reconfirmação.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Giant Curtain Fig Tree
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Morning tea
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, such as severe electrical thunder storms or Cyclones (Hurricanes) you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.