Idiomas da excursão
- A excursão particular é realizada com apenas o seu grupo e um guia/motorista
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Excursão para pequenos grupos em micro-ônibus
The Bo-Kaap: A look at the picturesque “Malay Quarter”, a living cultural museum and home to the oldest mosque in the Southern Hemisphere. We discover the unique culture, lifestyle and personality of the Cape Muslim community and their contribution to South Africa’s development.
District Six: As a result of the Group Areas Act, 60 000 Capetonian families were forcibly removed from this once vibrant area between 1966 and 1982. The District Six issue remains crucial. We examine the now desolate area, Zonnebloem, which was District Six and visit the living museum which attempts to represent and recapture District Six in various ways – as a fine-spun tapestry of communal life torn apart but not forgotten.
The Townships and Cape Flats: Seeking racial segregation, apartheid policies disrupted all non-white population groups, distorted both rural and urban development and ensured hopeless overcrowding. Few houses were built. Sprawling satellite camps of seemingly endless shanties – makeshift structures of various materials – provide little more than a roof and some shelter. As we shall see, squatter settlements are seeking their own solutions as an economic necessity. Against all odds, township life prevails, in all its nuances.
Robben Island: Formerly a political prison and leper colony before that, this historic landmark was recently established as a museum and national monument. Experience the conditions of incarceration – view Nelson Mandela’s maximum-security prison cell (Cell 5) and see the lime quarries. In the one, hard labour was served, in the other prisoners discussed strategy, freedom and the future. Later, many would develop eye problems as a result of the sun’s reflection off the lime surfaces. This well-preserved landmark is a monument to the triumph of freedom, dignity and determination over humiliation and oppression.
On Robben Island, visitors’ movements are restricted by regulation to the bus and the group’s guide. Tours of the island are conducted in large buses. On return to the V & A Waterfront you will be escorted back to your hotel.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam aproximadamente 30 a 60 minutos antes desse horário
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Robben Island Prison Entrance
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: Robben Island visit is weather permitting and subject to availability and is also on a seat in coach basis