The sleepy riverside town of Chiang Saen was once the seat of the powerful Lanna kingdom that ruled northern Thailand for several hundred years, starting in the 13th century. Take a look at old temples and other ruins with your guide while you learn a bit about the region's history, and then head to a lookout point to see the Golden Triangle, the tripoint border of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos that's one of the world's largest opium-producing areas.
Snap some photos, then hop back in your private vehicle to drive toward the town of Chiang Khong, stopping along the way at Baan Kiew Karn, a hilltop village populated by the people of the White Hmong and Lahu hill tribes. Chat with some of the villagers with the assistance of your guide, and take in stunning views of jungle-clad mountains.
Next, head to Chiang Khong for lunch at local restaurant. Choose from a Thai menu that includes vegetable and meat dishes served with rice, flavorful soups, and possibly even a rare Mekong River catfish dish.
After lunch, drive 6 miles (10 km) to reach the recently opened Fourth Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge, which crosses the Mekong River to link Thailand and Laos. Your guide helps you with the visa-on-arrival process, which involves going through Thai and Laos immigration offices on both sides of the bridge and paying the visa fee in either US dollars or Thai baht. (Passport holders from some countries cannot get a visa on arrival; please see the Additional Info for a list of those countries.)
Once you have entered into Laos, go with your guide by local transport to a hill tribe village about 30 minutes away. You have about an hour to see the village, visit a local market and take in the sights of rural Laos before returning to the bridge to cross back into Thailand and head back to Chiang Rai. Your day trip ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
A partir de
Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai
- Private guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Laos visa-on-arrival fee (approx. US$40 or equivalent in Thai baht)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country of issue is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: Passport holders from the following countries are NOT able to get a visa on arrival at the Laos border: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Jordan, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Mozambique, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Swaziland, Tonga, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.