In the heart of the Southern Alps, Arthur's Pass National Park has an incredible diversity of flora and landscape. Experience a breathtaking journey aboard the TranzAlpine Train winding it's way through the magnificent Waimakariri Gorge. Join short guided walks to rainforests, rivers and mountain vistas and visit the incredible Castle Hill rocks. Traveling in a small group, maximum eight participants, allows for an intimate and informative experience.
Idiomas da excursão
- Inclui todos os impostos, adicionais de combustível e taxas de serviço
- Sinta o ar nos pulmões em uma excursão a pé
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Excursão de trem
- Inclui almoço
At Christchurch, board the world famous TranzAlpine Train, sit back and relax on the train journey that will take you across the Canterbury Plains, wind its way through the stunning Waimakariri Gorge and through tussock covered high country before heading into the Southern Alps.
The TranzAlpine is rated one of the world's greatest train journeys and is 223 kilometers long and takes just four and a half hours. There are 16 tunnels, and 5 viaducts, the highest being the Staircase standing at 73 meters.
You will be met at Arthur's Pass by your guide who will take you through the National Park where short walks can be made to experience forests, rivers and mountains vistas. You will follow the old stage coach route and travel down the spectacular Otira Gorge, testament to the road builders of the 1860's and the route taken by Maori in their quest for greenstone.
Departing Arthur's pass, you will travel through the high country and a stop can be made to view Cave Stream where it burrows underground in an area of limestone cliffs and gorges, craggy outcrops and a setting of surrounding mountains.
The incredible Castle Hill rocks, unique weatherworn and rain smoothed outcrops of limestone are seen from the highway and the more adventurous may wish to walk to the top of the rocks for magnificent views of the surrounding countryside.
The return journey to Christchurch will include a visit to the Waimak Gorge where the Waimakariri River enters the vast Canterbury Plains.
Fotos recentes desta excursão
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Tour departs from centrally located Christchurch hotels
O embarque no hotel se inicia antes deste horário; é necessário entrar em contato com o provedor local de serviços para conferir o horário exato do embarque.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5.45pm
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Lunch at a country hotel
- Guided walks of Arthur's Pass National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Travel by TranzAlpine train
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Cruise port pickup is not available
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A percentage of the tour price is used for the conservation of New Zealand's wildlife, environment and it's endangered species
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.