Idiomas da excursão
- Explore as ruas locais em uma excursão a pé pela cidade
- Obtenha dicas exclusivas de nativos
- Embarque em pontos de encontro localizados centralmente
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Lanches e bebidas inclusas
- Conduzida por um guia local
Given Rethymnon’s long, rich, thousand-or-so years of history, it’s only appropriate that we kicking things off with a bit of this history. The city began to grow after it was conquered by the Venetians, evidence of which can be spotted throughout the city.
You can’t visit Rethymnon without admiring the iconography of the Orthodox church, which is where we’ll head first. Integral to the history of the island, you’ll hear how religion kept the Cretan culture alive despite many different conquerors, like the Venetians and the Byzantines.
From there, we’ll wind our way through Sabbionara, entering the old Ottoman district. Known for its impressive doorframes and mix of histories, here we’ll see the Mosque of Kara Mousha Pasha and St. Francesco Church (now the Byzantine Museum) alongside Venetian mansions, temples turned to mosques, and the “Turkish” school.
Next, it’s time to discover Crete through its incredible flavours. Learn the secrets of the famous Cretan diet, sampling local bites such as traditional koulouri, a sesame seeded bread ring (similar to Turkish simit), and cheese and olives (naturally), and sip some local wine (which has been cultivated here since 1600 BC!).
Moving on, we’ll continue our personal conquest of Rethymnon by venturing through the most noteworthy streets of the old city, checking out the most important monuments in the historical centre. Representing the cultural and aesthetic character of the city, Rethymnon’s fountains, historic homes, and the grand Fortezza are all integral parts of why Rethymnon is the way it is today.
It’s here that we’ll end our walking tour of Rethymnon, and it’s the perfect place to continue your walk through the city or enjoy the beautiful waterfront views. Your guide will be more than happy to make recommendations for what else you can do in the city, especially where to grab more food!
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Conquer the historical city of Rethymnon
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local food and beverage samples
- Coffee or soft drink
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for your local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- As this is a walking tour, we advise you wear comfortable walking shoes. During summer, don’t forget your sunglasses and, of course, a camera as Rethymnon is sure to amaze you!
- The guide will point out places of interest, such as museums, and make recommendations of places that participants can visit in their own time after the tour
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.