- Encontros íntimos com a vida selvagem
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Inclui todos os equipamentos necessários
- Excursão com tudo incluso
- Opção de refeição vegetariana disponível
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
You can hike to hidden waterfalls, look out from scenic overlooks of the entire rainforest Basin and Victoria Peak, as well as lush jungle riverbanks where you can see tapir and jaguar tracks. Look out for howler monkeys, which were reintroduced to the reserve and whose population is increasing each year!
Cockscomb Basin is a 2 hour drive along the stunning Hummingbird Highway and the Southern Highway, which pass through jungle hills, citrus orchards, and rangeland. You'll also pass through the traditional Mayan village of Maya Center.
From Maya Center, you'll head into the heart of the reserve on a rough dirt road. Stop at the ranger post and have an opportunity to see a small museum with the history of the reserve, which was established by the renowned researcher, Dr. Alan Rabinowitz, (aka “The Indiana Jones of Wildlife Protection”) who documented his time in the reserve in the early 1980s and his jaguar research in the autobiographical book, Jaguar. An extensive trail system branches out from the ranger station and you'll explore the reserve on foot with refreshing river and waterfall swims. Walk in the footsteps of Dr. Rabinowitz and his Mayan assistants who were instrumental in protecting this reserve for generations to come.
Here, you'll set up camp at the national park campground where and take a leisurely hike through the jungle to embark on a river tubing excursion. Float in the fresh cool waters of the South Stann Creek and revel in the beauty of the rainforest environment. End the day with the jungle cookout and share stories with other guests and the rangers.
In the morning, after a hearty breakfast, set out on the South Stann Creek with a kayak and go deep into untouched jungle in the direction of the Caribbean Sea. Pass through a private banana plantation and meet your land transport at San Roman, a small Mayan village, along the Southern Highway. This is an amazing and unforgettable adventure in one of the last few wilderness areas in the world where jaguars roam free.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
A partir de
The world's first jaguar reserve
- Overnight accommodation in camping area with hammock
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or partial refund
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.