Some previous mountain experience is required, but no technical skills in crampons and snowshoes is needed. You also need an excellent physical condition and hiking skills to face long hiking days, steep paths and heavy backpacks. Your tour includes meals, a professional mountain guide and some equipment.
Idiomas da excursão
- Encontros íntimos com a vida selvagem
- Viagem de vários dias
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Experiência Única
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Hiking on Southern Ice Field
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Professional mountain guide
- One assistant for every 3 people
- Glacier and snow equipment (snowshoes and crampons)
- 4 season tents (Mountain Hard-wear) and cooking set
- Meals during the trip
- VHF Radio and GPS
- First Aid Kit
- Personal accident insurance
- Satellite phone for emergencies
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Personal Equipment (boots, backpack, sleeping bag, etc). Let the local tour operator know if you need any of these items and get a 30% discount by renting those with them
- Additional porters
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A good level of experience is required
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people
- Operates November to March
- Note: Backpack weight is between 20 to 25 kg
- Important: Please take into account that the weather in El Chalten is very unstable. This expedition counts with two extra days (Day 3 and Day 8) to improve the odds of success. Waiting, continuing, or suspending decision will depend on the mountain guide's criteria
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You will meet your guide at the central location in El Chalten. Here, you will recieve a talk about the details and check all the gear for the expedition. You will be transferred in a vehicle to Electrico River. Then, you will hike for 2 hours up to Piedra del Fraile. We will continue to La Playita throughout rocky terrain where we will spend the night. The duration of the hike is 6 hours and we'll reach an elevation of 700 meters (2,296 feet).
Day 2: Camp La Playita - Refugio Gorra Blanca (B) (L) (D)
This day is considered the key day of the expedition. The winds from the west can be very strong. After an hour, you will reach Marconi Glacier and start using the crampons. As you move forward, we put on harnesses and tie ourselves to ropes. Total duration is 8 to 9 hours with an elevation of 800 meters (2,624 feet) to climb. You spend the night at Refugio Gorra Blanca.
Day 3: Refugio Gorra Blanca - Cerro Gorra Blanca Attempt (B) (L) (D)
If the weather permits, your guide will offer the chance to hike up Cerro Gorra Blanca. The day's priority will be to cross the ice field, only if the weather conditions are very good, this attempt is possible. Total hike this day is 10 to 12 hours with an altitude of 1,200 meters (3,937 feet).
Day 4: Refugio Gorra Blanca - Circo de los Altares (B) (L) (D)
You leave some gear on the sledges and place the snowshoes. After about 5 hours of hiking, you arrive at Circo de los Altares. Here, you will build snow walls for protection from the wind and set up tents facing Cerro Torre. Duration is 6 to 7 hours with an elevation of 50 meters (164 feet).
Day 5: Circo de los Altares - Laguna Ferrari (B) (L) (D)
In the morning we break camp and continue south on slight decline, with our sleds and snowshoes. We will camp on Ferrrari Lake The duration is 8 hours with an elevation of 250 meters (820 feet) down and 250 meters climb.
DAY 6: Laguna Ferrari - Laguna Toro (B,L,D)
We head towards Paso del Viento. After crossing 300 meters of vertical drop, we will see a change of scenery. You will see the huge and snow-white lower and upper Glacier Tunnel, down from the slopes for the next 800 meters downstream. After a last walk on the Tunnel, you will cross a river. Depending on the guide's, you will cross it by a zip or wading. Duration is 6 to 7 hours with elevation of 300 meters (984 feet) to climb and 800 meters (2,624 feet) down.
Day 7: Laguna Toro - El Chalten (B) (L)
We wake up early in the morning, have breakfast and hike back to town on an easy trail through La Loma del Pliegue Tumbado. You will then reach the office at El Chalten. Elevation: is 450 meters (1,476 feet) climb and 700 meters (2,296 feet) down, with a 6-hour duration.
Day 8: Extra Day (In case of bad weather)
This day is to be used in case of having to wait due to bad weather conditions and should not be used necessarily within the expedition. The use of this day will be up to the guide in charge.