This small-group tour is limited to eight people, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
Imagine what it’s like to be a real Alaskan ice road trucker as you travel along the Dalton Highway, the same highway used in the popular TV show Ice Road Trucker. Cross the Yukon River, where you’ll have a good chance of spotting wildlife, and discover the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS), one of the world’s largest pipeline systems that transports oil hundreds of miles across Alaska.
Arrive finally at the Arctic Circle, one of the five major circles of latitude that mark maps of the Earth, the others being the Tropic of Cancer, the equator, the Tropic of Capricorn and the Antarctic Circle. Defining the southernmost part of the Arctic region, the climate here is very cold and much of the area is always covered in ice. In the winter, the sun never rises here, and in the summer, the land is graced with 24 hours of sunlight a day, melting the seas and the topsoil.
Hop out to stretch your legs, take a walk, and capture photos of this unique location. Enjoy a local lunch provided by your guide while soaking in your remote surroundings and learning about the history and geology of this area. You’ll learn interesting facts about the culture of the indigenous Eskimos who have lived here for more than 9,000 years. You'll have about 1 hour at the Arctic Circle.
With your camera filled with photos and an official Arctic Circle certificate in hand to show off to your friends and family back home, relax on the drive back to Fairbanks.
Fotos recentes desta excursão
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Local guide
- Transport by van
- Official Arctic Circle certification
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If you'd like a German-speaking guide, please indicate in the Special Requirements box at check-out
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately. During the winter months temperatures are usually very low, so please dress in layers and wear warm winter clothing.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers