May 2016 Update- At present time the bio-luminescence is poor due to changes in the weather patterns. This tour is being offered as a Night Kayaking Eco Adventure, focused on the ecology and not on the bioluminescence until further notice.
Full Moon Notification:Please check moon calendar or contact us for more information.
The Full Moon Kayak Eco Adventure, is an alternate tour for the Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Tour on full moon nights as the light reflection on the surface of the water makes viewing the organism difficult. This activity is sold under “Responsible Marketing” and is available on half moon through third day full.
Enjoy the opportunity to participate in this bio-luminescent bay kayak adventure and see the glowing waters of Laguna Grande, the only bio-luminescent lagoon in the world.
Idiomas da excursão
- Experiência Única
- Para toda a família
- Inclui todos os impostos, adicionais de combustível e taxas de serviço
- Inclui lanches gratuitos
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
Before the activity, you will receive an orientation and a waiver for signing. Then the lead guide will give each group a complete pre-ride training, which will cover all aspects of the tour and the operation of your kayaks. The activity will start in the small fishing village of Las Croabas. Here you will meet the friendly staff who will be set-up with all the necessary gear which will include double kayaks, backrests, paddles with leashes, life jackets, and two kayak guides with all needed safety equipment, lights, and refreshments. At this point, our tour will start as your group will be lead across a small fisherman's cove to the entrance of Las Cabezas de San Juan Reserve.
Here they will enter a mystical channel that leads to a peaceful place where the mangroves create natural tunnels and the sights and sounds of wildlife surround them. Along this 15 to 20-minute paddle, your lead guide will be stopping to give commentary on the points of interest. You will view the mangrove forest and the different species of bird life that inhabit the area. You will also learn about the aquatic marine life that uses the lagoon as a sanctuary. Your guide will provide information on the bio-luminescence organisms that light up the lagoon.
Then you will enter the lagoon called Laguna Grande, where you will paddle along the edge of the mangrove forest as you watch the stroke of each paddle light up a florescent green and encounter fish that look like shooting stars.
This will lead the group to a break point,where you can take in beautiful views of the rainforest and the lighthouse of Fajardo accompanied by refreshments and good conversations. Under a blanket of stars you will start the return to the departure site which will take about 30 minutes.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
5:15pm (At site)
7:15pm (At site) This departure only opens when 5:15pm sells in full.
From April to September
5:45pm (At site)
7:45pm (At site) This departure only opens when 5:45pm sells in full.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam aproximadamente 30 a 60 minutos antes deste horário; o horário exato de embarque será informado na reconfirma��ão.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam antes desse horário
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
KBBA with Transportation
Tour with Transportation
A partir de
USD 102,00Detalhes de preços
KBBA without Transportation
Tour without Transportation
A partir de
USD 78,00Detalhes de preços
Sunset Bioluminescent Lagoon Kayak Adventure
- Small-group tour
- All necessary kayak equipment
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option not selected). Please notice service is subject to a minimum of 8 passengers to be confirmed
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress code is sport, lightweight but covering for protection against mosquitoes, water shoes or sandals are recommended.
- Maximum height is 6 foot 4 inches
- Due to comfort and balance of the kayaks, the maximum combined weight for the 2 passenger kayak is 450 pounds
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not recommended for pregnant women or for participants with back problems or participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund