- Para toda a família
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Excursão com tudo incluso
- Conduzida por um guia local
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
Day 1 - Fort William to Gairlochy
Start with everyone meeting up and being transported to the start point at Banavie, Fort William. After packing up and a short briefing session and everyone is happy with steering a fully laden canoe we will paddle around 10km towards Gairlochy to find a remote campsite to enjoy our first night well away from the bustle of Fort William.
Day 2 - Gairlochy to Loch Oich
Much of the day is spent paddling the length of Loch Lochy (who came up with that name!). Hopefully the prevailing south-westerly wind is blowing and we can rig an improvised sail to speed us along. At the head of the loch we pass through Laggan Locks then paddle a two mile section of canal which takes us into the magical Loch Oich, home for the night.
Day 3 - Loch Oich to Alltsigh
The River Oich runs side by side with the canal from here along to Fort Augustus, so we make the most of having a current to help us along for a while. With a lunch stop in the lovely Fort Augustus you get the chance to visit a few shops for the first time on the trip and also to visit the Caledonian Canal Museum. On leaving the village we face the daunting prospect of tackling the 36km of Loch Ness.
Day 4 - Alltsigh to Dores
A full-day on Loch Ness today. In normal conditions this is a lovely leisurely paddle and we may well have time to land at the dramatic Urqhuart Castle for photo opportunities, and a visit to the excellent Historic Scotland visitor center. In the evening we finally reach the head of the loch and find a campsite nearby. Looking back down the full length of Loch Ness, stunning sunsets are common.
Day 5 - Dores to Inverness
The hustle and bustle of the city looms ever closer this morning as we leave Loch Ness behind, travel through the picturesque little Loch Dochfour, negotiate the last canal lock of the journey at Dochgarroch then paddle through rolling farmland and into Inverness.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Please contact the local operator directly after booking to confirm your exact meeting point
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Canoeing on the awesome Loch Ness
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Light refreshments
- Local professional canoe guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option selected, please contact local operator directly after booking)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Should we fail to meet the minimum of 4 participants we will offer you alternative dates or a full refund
- Suggested kit lists, camping equipment (excluding sleeping bags), and waterproofs provided
- Other expedition dates for a minimum of 4 participants available on request