Explore remote Iriomote Island on this leisurely paced full-day active tour. The jungle-clad island teems with incredible wildlife, and this kayaking and hiking adventure is the eco-friendly way to see it. After a ferry from Ishigaki, paddle along Nishida River until you reach a hiking trail that leads to Sangara Falls for a swim and bento box lunch. On this tour, limited to 10 people, you'll learn about the efforts to keep this unspoiled part of Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park healthy and thriving.
Arrive at the tour office in the morning to collect your ferry ticket from an English-speaking assistant. You'll also receive a booklet with descriptions of the attractions on this tour itinerary. Board the ferry on your own, and relax on the 50-minute ride across the water to Iriomote, the largest (and least inhabited) island in the beautiful Yaeyama island chain.
Disembark at either Uehara or Ohara port, and meet your guide to travel the short distance by bus to the kayaking base. If you have brought some other clothes along for the tour, use the stop to change. After you receive your life jacket and paddle, listen to a quick safety briefing. Step inside your kayak (go solo or share with another group member), and paddle upstream along the Nishida River. The tour is aimed at all levels of kayakers, from first timers to seasoned pros, and the pace is set by the slowest member of the group to ensure no one is left behind.
Your guide points out the area’s stunning natural sights as your group meanders through Iriomote’s dense mangrove forests. After roughly 25 minutes on the water, leave your kayak on the riverbank and start your 30-minute hike up a mountain path that leads to Sangara Falls (aka Nishida Falls). See wild examples of jungle species that are unique to the Yaeyama Islands including rare butterflies and sakishima-suo trees with rippling roots.
At the falls, enjoy up to an hour of free time to explore the rock pools, gaze out over the dense jungle, savor a provided bento box, and perhaps take a swim under the waterfall itself. When it is time to head back, hike down to the river to get in your kayak. After paddling back to the base, you can take a quick shower before returning by bus to the port in time for your late-afternoon ferry to Ishigaki Port.
Click on 'View Additional Info' below for the meeting point locations.
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Ponto de partida:
Ishigaki Port ferry terminal
(Please see 'View Additional Info' in Overview for map of exact meeting location)
Horário de partida:
8:30am (Please arrive 20min prior to this time for the briefing)
Detalhes sobre retorno:
Returns to original departure point
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Iriomote Island Kayaking Tour Including Sangara Falls Hike
- English-speaking guide on Iriomote Island and while kayaking
- Round-trip ferry ticket
- Tour Booklet (obtained at the tour office)
- Rental kayak gear (life jacket, kayak and paddle)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please bring a bathing suit, sunscreen, a towel and a change of clothes, as you will be able to take a shower afterwards
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- You will be asked to wear a life jacket while kayaking for safety purposes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You will receive a booklet with descriptions of the attractions and tour itinerary at the tour office located in the Ishigaki Port ferry terminal
- Tour may be cancelled due to poor weather condition (Local operator will notify you one hour prior to departure time)
- The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation in a tour if they judge the person not fit
- Please be at the meeting point at least 20 min prior to departure time
Exibir informações adicionais
Informações sobre o voucher
Para esta atividade, você pode apresentar um voucher em papel ou eletrônico.
O que é isso?
Informações sobre o operador local:
O Voucher de confirmação inclui informações completas sobre o operador, incluindo números de telefones locais. Nossos Gerentes de produtos selecionam apenas os operadores mais experientes e confiáveis em cada destino, eliminando o seu trabalho de adivinhação e garantido sua tranquilidade.