Idiomas da excursão
- A excursão particular é realizada com apenas o seu grupo e um guia/motorista
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
Continue to Museum Africa, which is Johannesburg’s social and cultural history museum. It is located in what was once the city’s fruit and vegetable market, with a block-long facade, towering pillars and huge interior space. Its long-term exhibitions of social history include is Gandhi’s Johannesburg, birthplace of Satyagraha. The Gandhi exhibition shows the buildings and places associated with Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle against discrimination, and encourages visitors to go to the sites described in the museum. Proceed to Constitution Hill where Gandhi was imprisoned four times in South Africa. The "Prisoner of Conscience" exhibition commemorates the life of Gandhi and touches on his experiences while in prison.
Continue to Satyagraha House, in a residential neighborhood of Orchards in Johannesburg, which was the home of Mohandas Gandhi from 1908 to 1909. Within these walls, the future Mahatma created and developed his philosophy of passive resistance, or "Satyagraha" in Sanskrit, a pacifist method of protest that he employed in India to lead the country to independence. A museum retracing Gandhi’s experiences in South Africa, and particularly those that he shared here with his friend Kallenbach, is installed in the very heart of the house. In this way, a peaceful and meditative atmosphere channeling Gandhi’s life within these walls inhabits the property.
At the end your visit, return to your hotel by late afternoon.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam aproximadamente 30 a 60 minutos antes desse horário
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Entrance fees (Constitutional Hill, Satyagraha House, Museum Africa, Hamidia Mosque)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved