Rwenzori is known primarily for its challenging hiking and climbing possibility with a unique among East African Mountains. Rwenzori is not Volcanic in Origin, but it rises directly from the Rift valley floor. Its range also supports a diversity of animals including mammals and about 177 bird species, with several being Albertine Rift Endemics. It’s the highest mountain range in Africa, with its Loftiest peaks, Margherita (5,109m) and Alexandra (5083m) on Mount Stanley, are exceeded in altitude elsewhere in Africa only by Kilimanjaro and Mt. Kenya.
Idiomas da excursão
- Flexibilidade na personalização do itinerário com suas próprias preferências
- Preço competitivo
- Encontros íntimos com a vida selvagem
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Excursão com tudo incluso
Day 2: Entebbe: After breakfast and briefing, take off to Mt Rwenzori National Park (also known as the Mountains of the Moon). Enjoy lunch in Fort Portal and continue to Mihunga where we overnight.
Day 3: Trek to Nyabitaba (2650m). Start the trek to Nyakalengija trail head (1600m). We will follow the trail along the Mubuku River to then cross the Mahoma River before climbing through Podocarpus Forest.
Day 4: Trek to John Matte Hut (3350m) . Follow a small trail dropping down through the forest to the Kurt Shafer Bridge, below the convergence of the Bujuku and Mubuku Rivers. The forest gradually turns into a bamboo zone where the trail is slippery and moss covered.
Day 5: Trek to Bujuku Hut (2900m). The trail crashes down to cross the Bujuku River and enters Lower Bigo Bog, home of giant lobelias. We will cross the bog to the Upper Bog before continuing to Lake Bujuku where for views of the highest mountain.
Day 6: Trek to Elena Hut. After Bujuku, we will climb the boggy trail up the slopes west of the lake, passing through the paranormal groundsel gully and then ascend to the Scott Elliott Pass (4372m).
Day 7: Ascent to Mt. Stanley (5109 metres) to Kitandara Hut (4027m). If you don't wish to climb the peak, have a more restful day walking from Elena Hut (4541 metres) to Lake Kitandara (4023m). Continue to climb a further three hours to Margherita peak (5109 metres) and later down to Kitandara Hut.
Day 8: Trek to Guy Yeopman Hut (3260m). Climb from the base of Mt. Baker to the south side of the mountain to the Fresh Field Pass (4280m). From there we can view the Congo to the west, Mt. Stanley to the north. From the pass, the boggy trail will continue downwards, passing the rock shelter at Bujangalo, the base camp for the historic expedition by the Duke of Abruzzi in 1906.
Day 9: Trek to Nyakalengija Trail Head (1600m ASL). Safari extension to Queen Elizabeth National Park hence spend the overnight
Day 10: Queen Elizabeth National Park. Proceed to Park for the AM Game drive in the Kasenyi sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park the tracks through Kasenyi, the North Kazinga Plains offer virtually guaranteed of Wildlife.In the afternoon conduct boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. O/N at Mweya Safari Lodge
Day 11: Lake Mburo NP. After breakfast proceed to Lake Mburo National Park. Enroute stopover at the Igongo Cultural Centre for lunch and learn about the culture of the Western Uganda tribe. Proceed to the Lodge; you can view game from your room. O/N at Mihingo Lodge
Day 12 – Lake Mburo National Park to Entebbe .The wildlife-rich eastern banks of Lake Mburo can be explored during a tranquil two-hour boat trip. Depart after early lunch with coffee break at the Equator to then transfer to Entebbe International Airport for Flight.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
The Mountains of the Moon
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.