Capture the highlights of magical Lhasa in just one day on this 8-hour guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site around Potala Palace. Visit the towering palace itself, the Jokhang Temple, the epicenter of Tibetan Buddhism, and Barkhor Street, the vibrant street where pilgrims perform worship.
Idiomas da excursão
- Volte no tempo em uma viagem histórica
- Conduzida por um guia local
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Embarque em pontos de encontro localizados centralmente
Meet your guide at the 4-star Gang Gyan Hotel in central Lhasa at 9:30am: please arrive earlier if you are staying at a different hotel.
Hop aboard your climate-controlled vehicle for the short drive to Potala Palace. The majestic UNESCO-listed palace, which towers over the city of Lhasa, was the winter residence of the Dalai Lama and has over 1,000 rooms, with a history dating back to the seventh century AD.
You'll have until noon to explore this magnificent sight, with its glorious gilded burial stupas and vast walls. King Songtsen Gampo, founder of the Tibetan Empire, may have been the first to build a palace on this site, and it's possible to visit the cave where he allegedly meditated.
At noon, it's time to break for lunch. This is at your own expense, but your tour guide will be happy to give you recommendations of Tibetan or Chinese restaurants.
After lunch, it's another short drive across town to the UNESCO-listed Jokhang Temple, reportedly also founded by Songtsen Gampo, and one of the world's great monuments to Buddhism. Highlights include a statue of the young Gautama Buddha, aged around 12, that's probably the most venerated object in Tibetan Buddhism.
From here, stroll to Barkhor Street, which runs around the temple. Join pilgrims and locals in circling the shrine, a practice known as kora, or shop for traditional Tibetan handicrafts, souvenirs, or snacks. You'll be transferred back to the Gang Gyan Hotel by 5:30pm.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços s��o atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- English-speaking Tibetan guide
- City tour vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Tibet Travel Permit USD $50 per person
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note that travelers who book Tibet day tours with a local supplier must book day tours for all Tibet destinations with that supplier, and apply for the Tibet Travel Permit (TTP) with that supplier at least 20 days in advance. Travelers who received their TTP from another agency are not eligible for this tour. The cost of the TTP through this supplier is USD $50 and a valid Chinese visa is required at time of application.
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.