Idiomas da excursão
- Para toda a família
- Embarque em pontos de encontro localizados centralmente
- Excursão para pequenos grupos em micro-ônibus
Upon arrival in Newport we drive the spectacular Ocean Dr. before touring the Breakers The Breakers is the grandest of Newport's summer "cottages" and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family's social and financial preeminence in turn of the century America. Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt (1794-1877) established the family fortune in steamships and later in the New York Central Railroad, which was a pivotal development in the industrial growth of the nation during the late 19th century.
The Vanderbilt’s had seven children. Their youngest daughter, Gladys, who married Count Laszlo Szechenyi of Hungary, inherited the house on her mother's death in 1934. An ardent supporter of The Preservation Society of Newport County, she opened The Breakers in 1948 to raise funds for the Society. In 1972, the Preservation Society purchased the house from her heirs. Today, the house is designated a National Historic Landmark. The self-guided tours are by Audio Wand does so you can decide on what interests you.
During the holiday season you will often find cookies and beverages popular in the 1920’s. At Christmas time you will find the Mansions decorated for the holiday season.
After the tour you have time to shop on the Wharf before After the tour you have time to shop on the Wharf before we visit the Newport Winery for wine tasting.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Newport, RI Mansion Tour
- Motor Coach Tour
- Drive Ocean Drive
- Tour The Breakers
- Shopping at Wharf
- Stop for wine tasting at the Newport Winery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Must advise your pick-up location (Nashua or Bedford or Boston area hotel); Please use "Special Requirements" field upon checkout to advise this information
- Complimentary pick-ups at Boston area hotels every morning (pickups start one and half hours before scheduled departure time. Most often this will be between 6:30am and 7:30am depending on hotel location.). Pick-ups are at Downtown Boston Hotels, the Seaport District and Logan Airport Hotels. Outlying hotels may or may not have pick ups depending on bus routing. Call 1-800-374-6819 for pickup from your Boston area hotel.
- If staying in a Southern New Hampshire or Boston area hotel you must advise the name of the hotel
- Please indicate any medical or dietary assistance required in the Special Requirements field at checkout.