Idiomas da excursão
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Para toda a família
- Inclui embarque e entrega gratuitas no porto
Upon arrival in Merida, embark on a panoramic city tour with your knowledgeable guide, who will point out important sites of interest. Get to know Merida’s delightful and bustling city center, which boasts plenty of colonial churches and mansions to admire. You’ll become acquainted with the fashionable Paseo de Montejo, a tree-lined avenue built at the turn of the 19th century and famous for its beautiful French-style residences.
Referred to as ‘the white city,’ (La Ciudad Blanca) for its clean, white buildings that seem to sparkle in the sunshine, Merida was established when the henequen industry was at its peak. Admire the wrought iron railings, carved wooden doors and charming courtyards as you stroll along the lovely boulevard.
Your guide will make a stop at the The Grand Mayan World Museum – a perfect place to encounter Yucatecan history and cultural identity. With approximately 750,000 objects in its collection, the vast and contemporary exhibition space presents the Mayan civilization as a continuously living culture that has survived beyond the glory of its archaeological past.
After stopping for lunch in the museum cafeteria (own expense), continue 10 miles (16 km) north to the archaeological site of Dzibilchaltun. Once a major Mayan city, Dzibilchaltun was continuously occupied for thousands of years before it became a villa with an open chapel during the colonial era. Follow your guide to the Temple of the Seven Dolls, where numerous stucco decorations as well as seven small figurines were excavated from under the ruins of a later temple pyramid.
Finally, head to the Xlacah Cenote, located at the center of the city ruins. Believed to have been sacred to the ancient Maya and used in ritual – due to the artifacts retrieved from its 140-foot (43-meter) depths – the cenote is now used as a swimming hole. Feel free to jump into the clear water for a refreshing swim before returning to the Progreso cruise port at 2:30pm.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Progreso port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Dzibilchaltun Archeological Site
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Soft drinks while on board vehicle
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
- Food (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Note: Once you reach the Progreso cruise ship port, you'll need to take a free shuttle to the meeting point where a representative/guide will be waiting for you to start the tour. Transportation to/from the meeting point is available every 30 minutes, up to one hour before cruise ships set sail and depart
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.