The freediving training excursions are focused on providing line-diving training with a professional instructor in a range of conditions to develop you to new levels in comfort and strength. Caters to level 1 and 2 freedivers with each voyage targeting the appropriate dive location.
For those who are already in possession of certificates from recognised agencies such as PADI Freediver, SSI Freediving, Apnea Academy, AIDA, PFI and FII. Maximum depth 20m.
Idiomas da excursão
- Viaje de barco e veja as paisagens sobre a água
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Um motorista exclusivo garante aos seus guias atenção total durante todo o dia
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
With level one freediving certification and sound levels of underwater comfort, you’re sure to enjoy freediving with a certified freediving instructor and local expert.
Meeting at the Sorrento Boat Ramp Jetty at least 30 minutes before departure (allow more time in summer, as much as 30 mins more), you'll be greeted by your Instructor and introduced to fellow guests.
Practice Freediving on the Line
Leaving Sorrento we will head south towards Portsea and Point Nepean and shortly arrive at the dive site. Typically the session will run as a drift dive to maximise the depths available working with the prevailing currents and tides to optimise the training. Diving in buddy pairs, you will work with the instructor on the float and line, focusing on improving technique, whether that's duck-dive, finning, hydrodynamics, equalisation, constant weight or free immersion or other areas of the discipline that may need attention.
Correct breathing preparation, recovery breathing and mental management aspects will also be reviewed and corrected as necessary. Demonstration of safe practices, the buddy system, proper weighting, skills tests, safety, rescues and good technique will be necessary to satisfy completion of any certification dive requirements.
Diving with other buddies, you'll quickly develop new friends to dive with and share the experience of learning to freedive in front of the spectacular backdrop that is Port Phillip Bay and the Mornington Peninsula.
Water conditions are cooler than the tropical north, however with the right wetsuit and gear will see you warm and comfortable for hours. We have specialist freediving wetsuits available for rent, please ask!
You’ll benefit from bringing the following items including the recommended basics which include:
- Swimming costume and towel
- Wetsuit, Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Rubber weightbelt and weights
- Are you missing some equipment? Rental equipment available.
- Bring your underwater camera or GoPro to capture every detail!
- Have the ability to stay afloat in the water without the use of equipment. Comfortable swimming 100m distance
- Recognized freediving certification Level 1 or equivalent
- Completion and return of the registration documents
- If you answer ‘yes’ to any questions on the medical questionnaire you may be required to obtain an approved Diving Medical Certificate from a doctor.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
The tour departs at the scheduled time. Please arrive up to 30-minutes early as a courtesy to other guests and to avoid disappointment as the vessel cannot wait for late arrivals.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Freediving Training Boat Dive
A 2-hour freediving training charter boat dive with a certified Master Freediving Instructor. Focused on line-diving technique in Port Phillip Bay.
A partir de
USD 68,40Detalhes de preços
Training Freedive + Hire Gear
A 2-hour freediving training charter boat dive including hire equipment (wetsuit etc) with a certified Master Freediving Instructor. Focused on line-diving technique in Port Phillip Bay.
A partir de
USD 106,83Detalhes de preços
Our charter vessel, Kavorca
- Small-group (6 maximum)
- 2-hour free-diving experience by boat
- Professional free-diving instructor
- Safety equipment (pre-tour briefings)
- Parks Victoria use fees
Equipment Not Included:
Wetsuits, Weightbelts, Mask, Snorkel & Fins:
- You must bring your own wetsuit and gear, or hire equipment for this excursion
- Minimum height for wetsuits: 150cm
- Maximum weight for wetsuits: 110kg
- Minimum shoesize for fins: EU35
- Snorkellers may not use weighbelts at any time
- Certified freedivers may use weightbelts and must observe and use the buddy system at all times (one-up, one-down)
- Wetsuits, all gear and weightbelts are available for hire and must be requested at the time of booking
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note: You must bring swimming costume and towel, wetsuit (minimum 3.5mm thick, 5mm is better). Please contact your local operator well in advance if you need to hire equipment, as it cannot be hired on the day of the excursion.
Important Things You Should Know
• This experience is best for freedivers enrolled in a course and certified freedivers (Minimum Level 1)
• Adult pricing applies to all travellers
• Children must be at least 16 years old to join the tour
• Please note that the minimum height overrules the age for safety reason
• Minimum height: 1.40 m
• Maximum weight: 110 kg
• It is highly recommended that you wear a 5mm long wetsuit to keep you warm during the dives in approximately 14-21 degree water. Hire wetsuits must be requested at the time of booking
• As a certified freediver, must provide evidence of the certification
• First level freediving certification or higher must be provided
• Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
• If you have not been freediving for more than 12 months we recommend a refresher course before joining the tour
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions (to be checked)
• Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended
• All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving
• Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
From Melbourne you'll need to drive around 90 minutes south to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula (allow 2 hours in summer, sometimes longer). Once you're in Sorrento, you should park near the ferry terminal. Make your way to the Sorrento Boat Ramp jetty (at the end of St Aubins Way, only 5 minutes walk from the main ferry pier).
From Queenscliff, catch the Sorrento-Queenscliff ferry towards Sorrento and once arrived, make your way to the Sorrento Boat Ramp jetty (at the end of St Aubins Way, only 5 minutes walk from the main ferry pier).
Sorrento Jetty (and Boat Ramp) address:
St Aubins Way, Sorrento VIC 3941
*On Google Maps make your way to the pin-drop for WaterMaarq Charters
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.