Spend an exciting couple of hours on the vast Port Phillip Bay, freediving by boat along the Mornington Peninsula. Swim with wildlife including Australian Fur Seals and fish species found only in temperate waters like Boarfish and Weedy Seadragons.
The Bay here is beautiful with sandy beaches and exposed coastal cliffs. The water is generally cleaner and clearer and in summer months reaches temperatures up to 21 degrees.
An excursion from Sorrento is the best way to experience the thriving reefs, both natural and artificial, that give protection to fish, seadragons, stingrays, cuttlefish and crabs. The playfulness of the seals is always a highlight. Above water on the haul-out platform, you'll see them jostling for position and hear them vocalising, which helps them identify both neighbours and strangers. Snorkelling and freediving alongside the seals, you'll delight in their inquisitive and friendly manner in the water as they swim around.
Idiomas da excursão
- Viaje de barco e veja as paisagens sobre a água
- Perfeito para todas as idades e todos os níveis de capacitação
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Grupos pequenos têm garantia de serviço pessoal
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Conduzida por um guia local
Make your way to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to meet your local guide and your rigid inflatable boat (RIB). Sorrento is around a 1.5hr drive from Melbourne. Meeting at the Sorrento Boat Ramp Jetty at least 15 minutes before departure (allow more time in summer), you'll be greeted by your Guide and introduced to fellow guests.
Slip into your wetsuit and listen to a short briefing on what to expect during the 2-hour boat excursion. Hop in to the boat and take your seat; it may be a lively ride.
On the day, the best site will be chosen based on the tides and conditions for maximum freediving enjoyment. Depending on the needs of the group, the journey may include a second pause at another significant location, chosen for it’s optimal experience.
The sites may include South Channel Fort, Banksia Reef to look for Longsnout Boarfish, Rye Pier site of the Eivion wreck, former lime trader, (lost c1918), Pope's Eye Marine Park or secluded Point Nepean Bay (descriptions below). After 2 hours on and in the bay, your tour ends back at its starting point at Sorrento.
• Excursions operate October - April each year
• Excursions are 2 hours in duration
• Book at least 1 week in advance of your preferred date
• Please arrive 30 minutes early as departure times cannot be delayed.
Numbers on the day
• Max 6 certified freedivers
• In the event of rain or inclement weather your experience will still go ahead unless contacted by the experience provider
• If your experience is cancelled you will be rescheduled by the provider
• You will need to bring your wetsuit, swimmers and a towel
• Wetsuits minimum 3.5mm with hood, gloves and booties (Summer)
• Thicker wetsuits (5mm) are recommended in Spring/Autumn
• Rental wetsuits (two-piece 5mm with hoods) are available if you do not have your own. *These must be requested at time of booking
• Wetsuits must be put on before boarding the vessel
What to Bring
• Only a very small bag, waterproof is better
• Re-useable water bottle
• Camera / Go Pro
• Sun Hat or Beanie
• Wind / Spray Jacket
• Not suitable for snorkelling
• Certified Freedivers may use weightbelts
• Items such as knives, spearguns are not allowed
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. The charter is unable to wait for late passengers as a courtesy to all participants.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Fun Freedive in the Bay
Bring your own equipment and enjoy a fun freediving excursion with a professional instructor and guide.
A partir de
USD 68,37Detalhes de preços
Fun Freedive + Hire Gear
Certified freedivers will enjoy a fun freedive with a professional instructor and guide using freediving hire wetsuit, fins, weightbelt, mask and snorkel
A partir de
USD 106,78Detalhes de preços
Freediving in Port Phillip Bay
- 2-hour freediving experience by boat
- Professional local freedive guide
- Safety equipment and pre-tour briefings
- National Park fees
- Small-group tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wetsuits, all gear and weightbelts are available for hire and must be requested at the time of booking as they are not included.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This experience is best for certified freedivers (Minimum Level 1), must provide evidence of the certification.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be at least 16 years old to join the tour
- Please note that the minimum height overrules the age for safety reason: Minimum height: 1.40 m and Maximum weight: 110 kg
- It is highly recommended that you wear a 5mm long wetsuit to keep you warm during the dives in approximately 14-21 degree water. Hire wetsuits must be requested at the time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note: You must bring swimming costume and towel, wetsuit (minimum 3.5mm thick). Please contact your local operator well in advance if you need to hire equipment, as it cannot be hired on the day of the excursion.
- If you have not been freediving for more than 12 months we recommend a refresher course before joining the tour
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions (to be checked)
- Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving
- Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.