- Opção de partidas diversas durante todo o dia
- Excursão totalmente narrada
Enjoy a comfortable drive down this treasured stretch of road while hearing historical facts and anecdotes. Ocean Drive is lined with numerous jaw-dropping million-dollar mansions that were once 19th-century houses of the New York elite, who escaped to Rhode Island during the summers. All these mansions played a role in transforming Newport’s coast from a quiet summer colony of wooden cottages to a legendary resort town brimming with opulent palaces.
Visit either of the Vanderbilt family’s homes: The Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer houses, or Marble House, both US National Historic Landmarks. These were symbols of the family's social and financial reputation at turn of the century. Modeled after the mid-18th-century French chateau d'Asnieres outside Paris, The Elms was the summer residence of the Berwind family, who made their fortune in the Pennsylvania coast industry. Be sure to take a walk through the elaborate Classical Revival gardens.
Commissioned by Nevada silver heiress Theresa Fair Oelrichs in 1899, architect Stanford White modeled Rosecliff after the Grand Trianon, the garden retreat of French kings at Versailles.
The Isaac Bell House is one of the country's best surviving examples of shingle-style architecture. Designed for Isaac Bell, a wealthy cotton broker and investor, this mansion is also a US National Historic Landmark.
Chateau-sur-Mer is a landmark of High Victorian architecture, furniture, wallpapers, ceramics and stenciling. It was the most palatial residence in Newport from its completion in 1852 until the appearance of the Vanderbilt houses in the 1890s, and hosted many elaborate, lavish parties.
After your mansion tour, you’ll end with a scenic drive back to the Newport Visitor’s Center.
Fotos recentes desta excursão
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
12pm Double Mansion Tour
Double mansion tour, departing at 12pm
A partir de
USD 60,00Detalhes de preços
- Transport by coach or minivan (depending on group size)
- Live commentary on board
- Tour of one or two mansions (depending on option selected)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for children 4 years and younger
- Seating aboard the vehicle is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not all mansions allow strollers; please contact for more information
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.