Idiomas da excursão
- Volte no tempo em uma viagem histórica
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
- Inclui embarque e entrega gratuitas no porto
- Opção de partida pela manhã ou à tarde
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
Geological History: St. Maarten consists primarily of sand, limestone, and layered rock. Visit one of the two sites where layered rock is clearly visible.
Forts: St. Maarten has the remains of three forts, of which at least one will be visited. The forts are situated on top of hills and will take a 15-minute uphill walk to reach them. Each fort offers a great view of one of the two capitals.
Salt Pond: The first inhabitants of St. Maarten, the Arawak, called the island Soualiga, meaning Land of Salt. The naturally producing salt ponds of St. Maarten were also the reason for the Dutch to return after they had an unplanned stop over in 1624. Learn what Great Salt Pond looked like in its hey day and notice the difference in the appearance today.
Plantation: For centuries, St. Maarten’s economy was based on salt production and agriculture during the plantation era. Of the more than 100 plantations in the colonial peak times, only two — Golden Rock and Industry — have been conserved in one big park called the Emilio Wilson Estate. In the park, remains of the plantation house and ruins of the surrounding farm buildings can be found. Visit this park to give the hardships of those times a moment of thought as well as to enjoy the lovely scenery and marvelous trees.
Additionally during this island tour, discover more historical highlights such as the areas where the Amerindians once lived and the border monument celebrating the peaceful sharing between the Dutch and the French of 'the Friendly Island' St. Maarten. There will also be a break for iced tea, iced coffee, and homemade cake with a Caribbean twist. After the tour, return to the starting point.
This tour is not suited for people who have problems walking on uneven and sloping terrain. Please be aware there will be at least one 15-minute walk uphill to visit a fort.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Os embarques no hotel se iniciam antes desse horário
Partidas da excursão a pequena distância do porto do cruzeiro
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
St Maarten History Tour
- Bottled water
- Iced tea, coffee, and cake
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup from Philipsburg and Oyster Pond
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and reboarding time
- For hotel guests: please be aware the tour starts in Philipsburg. If not staying in a resort in Philipsburg or Oyster Pond, arrange for transport to the starting point
- At least one 15-minute uphill walk on unpaved and gravel terrain is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.