Idiomas da excursão
Transportation from Quito to the Pululahua Crater where your journey will start. Once on our horses, we enter a tropical climate with bamboo, sugar cane and banana trees, before we start climbing gently but continually in order to leave the valley towards the south-west. On our picturesque trail up the mountain, we only come across a few small farmhouses, where the highland farmers scratch a meagre income from the steep, infertile land beside the forest.
Looking backwards, the valleys and mountains unfold below us like from bird's perspective.
Accommodation in a 300 years old colonial Hacienda or alternatively we rest and learn about organic farming and solidary economics in the community lodge of Yunguilla.
We'll be riding across the Valley of Nono, along green, hilly pastures, passing several stately farms, where we can observe fighting bulls and flower crop for exportation, getting a good impression about present and past of the country. Some extensive canters along fields and pastures make our way shorter this time. This picturesque valley is also the home and breading place of many beautiful horses. Drawing closer to Pichincha volcano, which towers above us at almost 15.000 feet, we shall reach the tiny colonial village of Nono, where we find shelter in a traditional farm-house, still built in colonial time. Next to a hot chimney fire, our host Don Lucho, known as the “Wild West Cowboy of Nono” is always willing to tell some interesting stories about people and lifestyles, while sharing tea and locally burnt brandy with us.
Today we leave Nono, climbing up to the edge of the paramo grassland, catching views on the ashy slopes of Pichincha Volcano and the surrounding valleys. After crossing a ridge that divides the Interandean Valley from the Pacific Andean slopes, we start heading downhill into a lush green region of virgin forests studded with waterfalls toward the fishing resort of Tandayapa. Once back on the road, we say goodbye to the horses and shall meet our accompanying vehicle that brings us up the rest of way to Bellavista nature reserve, where hundreds of hummingbirds have found their home. We'll be welcomed into a comfortable lodge with hot showers and delicious, wholesome food. From the balcony of our shared room, we can enjoy a breath-taking view far over the cloud forest and listen to the sound of exotic birds.
After a hearty breakfast, a tour of Bellavista reserve is open to whoever wishes. Self-guided trail-maps help you to design your adventure through this Andean jungle. We have plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and the variety of plant- and bird-life, before our accompanying vehicle will bring us back to Quito after lunch.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Viator brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Small-group tour
- 3 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (3x B=breakfast, 4x L=lunch, 3x D=dinner)
- Helmets and chaps
- Tips for guide
- Extra food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Necessary equipment: Long sleeves and long pants (preferably riding pants). Sun block. Waterproof jacket. Riding boots or other solid shoes with good grip. Sunglasses and hat. Camera. Mosquito repellent