The number of species found here are incredible. You can find the Andean deer, spectacles bears, Andean fox and pumas, as well as a variety of birds like the guarro (Andean eagle), curiquingeu (cara-cara), the kilico (falcon), chugshi (owl), bandurrias (black ibis), urco paloma (sea gull), ducks, and the majestic condor.
In warmer ravines, you’ll also see colorful hummingbirds sipping nectar from flowers. Uniquely, the only form of transportation during your trip will be your horse. They will be your partner throughout this adventure and, of course, you will have the opportunity to admire the majestic Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano on earth.
Idiomas da excursão
- Encontros íntimos com a vida selvagem
- Curta um dia longe do barulho e da agitação da cidade
- Desfrute de uma noite romântica com jantar incluso
- Aprecie vistas aéreas fantásticas
- Preço competitivo
- Para toda a família
- Opção ideal para famílias
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Excursão com tudo incluso
- Lanches e bebidas inclusas
- Opção de refeição vegetariana disponível
- Viagem de vários dias
- Experiência Única
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
Pick up from your hotel in Quito and drive to the Hacienda in the Avenue of the Volcanoes. We start with a ride in the arena to get acquainted with the horses and tack that we will use during the ride. We then ride around the neighboring Haciendas. Our first experiences at altitude starts this first day. Lunch in the Hacienda house, visit the milking barn and aging cheese cave, and enjoy the hot tub and fireplace.
Riding hours: 4 hours
We ride to the west mountain range and through the valley toward Machachi. We stop at the Machachi market (on Sundays), continue toward the Ruminahui and stop at a beautiful Hacienda for a snack. We continue riding until we arrive to the Pedregal valley and stay overnight in a Hacienda at 3,500 meters.
Riding hours: 4 hours
We enter the Cotopaxi National Park, ride towards the Sincholagua volcano, make a large loop downhill to the valley, and after a snack we continue crossing the different lava flows, ascending north of Cotopaxi up to 4,100 mts to the highest plains, where we complete the highest canter in the world. We ride in close proximity to berber wild horse herds that live in the park and are descendants of the horses brought by the Spanish in the 16th century.
Riding hours: 6+ hours
Ride at Ruminahui continuing west; pass to the highest point of our ride (4,250 m) on the edges of the rocks of the Ruminahui Volcano. We continue our ride toward the green Machachi valley as always guarded by the Avenue of the Volcanoes. We cross the Machachi plaza where horsemen are always welcomed; we pass the town of Aloag and arrive to Hacienda La Alegria for a pleasant dinner and enjoy the hot tub and rest with the memories of the long journeys in the mountains.
Riding hours: 7+ hours
After breakfast it is time to say goodbye to the horses and the Hacienda. Transfer out to Quito or airport.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Avenida de Los Volcanes
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Viator brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- 3-course lunch
- All activities
- Small-group tour
- Tips for guide
- Extra food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Necessary equipment: Long sleeves and long pants (preferably riding pants). Sun block. Waterproof jacket. Riding boots or other solid shoes with good grip. Sunglasses and hat. Camera. Mosquito repellent