This tour goes to a height of 5000m. It is important that you are prepared for this kind of altitude. We recommend acclimatizing at least two days around 3,000m.
Idiomas da excursão
6:45am: Departure from Plaza Foch for transfer to the Cayambe Ecological Reserve
9:00am: Breakfast in a local restaurant
9:30am: Enter to Cayambe – Coca Ecological Reserve
10:30am: Hike up towards the glaciar
12:00pm: Reaching the glacier and the refuge to observe Condors and enjoy the beautiful view over the Cayambe Ecological Reserve (height 5000m)
1:00pm: Training in the glacier
2:30pm: Lunch Break
4:30pm: Return to Quito
6:30pm: Arrival at Plaza Foch, Quito
Necessary equipment you should bring; warm clothing (including a change of clothes), gloves, scarf, hat, sunglasses, water, hiking shoes/boats, camera, cotton pants, long socks, sun cream, snacks and waterproof jacket.
Cayambe has its own micro-climate and the weather in the area is very unpredictable, so please be prepared with warm and waterproof clothes (you can buy gloves, scarves and hats to the indigenous women selling them at the National Park entrance). The tour will leave in any weather.
It is important that you have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions or dietary requirements you have.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Viator brokerage fee
- Professional bilingual guide
- Transport to/from Plaza Foch in Quito
- Equipment for the mountain (crampons, Ice axe)
- Extra drinks and food
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A huge amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair