Guests have the opportunity to ask intimate questions about us as a Maori, but more importantly they are able to learn how the past influences our future as modern Maori in society today.
View the majestic Tamatekapua Meeting House and the St Faiths Church which is rich in history,
Following on from this 1 hour interactive experience at Ohinemutu Village guests will depart for Mitai Maori Village nestled at the foot of our sacred mountain “Ngongotaha”.
Mitai Maori Village will give you an authentic introduction to Maori culture leaving you amazed and in awe. The Mitai family is proud to have created a sacred and spiritual place that offers you an authentic indigenous cultural experience like no other. The evening is guaranteed to leave you enthralled by the fascinating Maori Culture.
Upon arrival to Mitai Maori Village you will learn the basic guidelines of entering such a sacred place.
Authentic: Enter the world of Mitai and be enthralled by the natural bush setting, and learn of the past times and history of this significant area which once was occupied and flourished in villages.
See warriors in traditional dress paddle an ancient warrior canoe (waka) down the Wai-o-whiro stream, and don’t miss your only opportunity in the Rotorua area to see glow worms in their natural habitat. Marvel at the crystal clear water full of eels and trout flowing directly from the earth at the sacred “Fairy Spring”.
Entertaining: Be captivated by songs, dances and games in a rich powerful entertaining cultural concert, complete with the spine tingling “Haka” Maori war dance.
Educational: View the uplifting of the hangi from the earth cooked oven (Hangi Pit) in the ground and learn the preparation and contents of the traditional hangi. Learn the art of Ta Moko (tattoo), Maori customs, Musical instrument, Poi dance (Ball on the end of a string), Carving, Flora and fauna and the medicinal uses and learn of our glow worm and the sacred freshwater spring.
Dining: The authentic hangi dinner includes a hot selection of succulent New Zealand meats and poultry, delicious vegetables and fresh salads, topped off with tempting dessert buffet style. Full bar facilities are available.
Your journey ends when you arrive back at your accommodation at 8:30pm.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Departure location from the selected and registered accommodation provider within Rotorua.
O embarque no hotel se inicia antes deste horário; é necessário entrar em contato com o provedor local de serviços para conferir o horário exato do embarque.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
- Hotel pickup and return
- 1 hour guided tour of Ohinemutu Maori Village
- 3 hour cultural experience at Mitai Maori Village
- Traditional earth cooked Hangi Buffet dinner
- Maori Cultural performance
- Guided bush walk to learn of the flora and fauna and the medicinal uses
- View the sacred fresh water spring and glow worms
- Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable experience for ALL ages and nationalities
- Highchair available upon request at Mitai Maori Village
- Children under the age of 5 years are free of charge
- Recommend for ALL guests to wear warm comfortable clothing and walking footwear
- Cameras are welcome
- Open everyday EXCEPT 25th Dec (Christmas Day)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.