There is no better way to experience a California vacation away from the city streets and crowds. Give it a try and you will have the time of your life and bring back memories that will last forever.
***First timers to Experienced Rafters Welcome***
- Preço competitivo
- Para toda a família
- Opção ideal para famílias
- Inclui jantar
- Lanches e bebidas inclusas
- Conduzida por um guia local
The morning of your trip you will be served breakfast at 8:00AM (coffee, tea, and hot chocolate is available early for those who just cannot sleep in). After breakfast there is time to relax a little before checking in for the rafting part of your trip.
After a short bus ride to the launching area, your guides will help you with the required river gear and give you a river safety orientation. Then we split up into groups, assign the guides and push off onto the South Fork American river. The trip begins with some bouncy water to warm you up for the afternoon session of big rapids. We stop for lunch where your guides will prepare your riverside buffet lunch. Bathrooms are available during the break.
The afternoon section, called the Gorge Run, begins with some bouncy whitewater and even an out of boat experience through “Swimmer’s Rapid” a fun, small wave train that leads to a huge pond to recover in. A fun way to cool off in the hot summer. Then the river builds and enters the “Gorge”, where the rapids come almost in non stop fashion for 6 miles.
After finishing the Gorge, our buses will meet you with cold drinks and a snack for the 30 min bus ride back to camp where you can clean up, relax a bit, and get ready for a hearty BBQ dinner served by our camp cooks and your guides. After dinner we will have dessert and a slide show of you rafting through some of the big rapids of the day. Enjoy a relaxing time by the campfire before turning in for the evening.
The next day again brings breakfast and a 30 minute ride up scenic Highway 49, the Gold Country Highway. We’ll pass by Coloma State Park, where gold was first discovered in 1848 by James Marshall. Arriving at the launching area, we again give you a refresher on our river safety talk, board the rafts and tackle the Upper Section of the South Fork American river.
Just downstream is our first class 3 rapid, “Meatgrinder”, the longest on the river (not the biggest, though). The morning session is packed with rapids that will challenge and thrill you, the last of the morning will be the famous “Troublemaker Rapid”. After troublemaker, we relax in a more mellow section for about an hour, then pull off at Coloma State park and your guides will prepare our buffet deli-styled lunch with all the trimmings. Then have a lazy float back down to camp to finish our journey on the South Fork American river.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Family river rafting - South Fork American river
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Buffet dinner
- Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.