Idiomas da excursão
- Curta um dia longe do barulho e da agitação da cidade
- Veja a vida selvagem nativa em seu ambiente natural
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Viaje de barco e veja as paisagens sobre a água
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
Leave San Ignacio at 9am in our canoes up the river, passing under the historic Hawksworth Bridge and then away from civilization into the green jungle. Lined with cliffs and cave openings, with iguanas perching on mammoth trees above, the scene is almost prehistoric. Non-excavated Maya sites dot the riverbanks, and as villagers bathe and wash their clothing, horses and cattle come to the water to drink.
You will see wildlife along with way including a variety of bird species and possibly see the tracks of larger mammals such as tapirs, white lipped peccary, armadillo, and even jaguars in the mud of the riverbank. Colonies of bats roost under limestone ledges and the water shimmers in the sun against the white rocks.
We continue up the river toward Chaa Creek Resort, a premier luxury eco-resort which is home to a medicinal plants trail, Blue Morpho butterfly farm, and natural history museum. Chaa Creek is host to many environmental conservation and sustainable tourism projects such as Archaeology Research, Bay Palm Reforestation, Agroforesty Research, Vascular Plan Cataloguing, Birds Without Borders and Howler Monkey Reintroduction.
After touring the natural environment of the property with your guide, we have a picnic lunch (included in the full-day option) and continue back down river toward San Ignacio, where we end at the wooden bridge.
A half-day tour upriver won’t go quite as far but we will stop at the picturesque village of Cristo Rey, a quiet and lush village and a humble community of mainly Maya descent. Here we park our canoes and then take a short hike to a beautiful, hidden spring-fed waterfall at Monkey Falls for a fresh dip.
Time frame: 9am to 4:30pm for the full-day tour option, and from 9am to 1pm for the half-day tour option.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Macal River Canoe Full Day
Enjoy a full day on the beautiful Macal River starting from the market square in San Ignacio Town and then heading upriver into the heart of the Belize rainforest! Includes picnic lunch.
A partir de
USD 90,00Detalhes de preços
Macal River Half Day Canoe
Enjoy a relaxing half day river canoe cruise upriver to a small Maya village and and then return back to San Ignacio Town market square in time for lunch!
A partir de
USD 70,00Detalhes de preços
Start and end at the market square
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if full-day option is selected) with a drink
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- What to bring: bathing suit, towel, hat, bug spray, sunscreen, water shoes, water bottle, snack
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.