Idiomas da excursão
- Opção ideal para famílias
- Inclui todos os tipos de ingressos
- Inclui todos os impostos, adicionais de combustível e taxas de serviço
- Apresentação perfeita para hóspedes de primeira viagem
After exploring the cave system, your tour continues to the Arecibo Observatory. Nestled in the mountains of northern Puerto Rico, the observatory is home to the world's largest radar/radio telescope. Scientists from around the world make use of the giant 1,000 foot-diameter dish to listen to the universe. You’ll have views of the huge telescope from an observation platform, where its austere metallic symmetry shimmers in dramatic contrast to the dense, green, tropical landscape.
You'll spend about 1 hour walking inside, highlights include:
- Going through the dense tropical vegetation down the mouth of Clara cave.
- Stop at the 650 ft. wide Tres Pueblos sinkhole, where special platforms allow visitors to view the river passing 400 feet below from one cave to another.
- Stop by the Espiral Sinkhole, where visitors can actually descend some 205 steps to reach its striking entrance.
After the Camuy Caves, we'll go to one of Puerto Rico's most recognizable landmarks, the Arecibo Ionospheric Observatory. Built in 1963, it is a very important part of investigations of inter-spatial communications in the US. The radio telescope's dish measures an amazing 20 acres, the largest in the world. Once we get to the observatory, we'll walk up a fairly steep hill to get to the observatory itself. The walkway is a combination of steps and an inclined sidewalk, but the observatory offers a free ride to the entrance for elderly & handicapped guests.
You'll have an opportunity to see more than 25 various exhibits and see the dish! In addition, you will get to:
- Learn about the Earth and our solar system.
- Learn about our neighboring stars and galaxies
- Learn about technology used in studying these natural sciences.
- See meteors on display
- Watch a short movie called "A Day at the Telescope"
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
The Arecibo Observatory
- Camuy Cave Parks Entrance Fees
- Arecibo Observatory Entrance Fee
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum numbers of 3pp apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. The Camuy acve Park dues not operate with Rain in that esenario we will do the Window Cave