This tour is 7 hours long and runs from 8am to 3pm.
Idiomas da excursão
- Inclui transporte de ida e volta em hotéis selecionados
- Curta um dia longe do barulho e da agitação da cidade
- Excursão em grupo pequeno
- Guia profissional informativo e acessível
- Inclui almoço
- Viagem de um dia (destino A a B)
Phnom Kulen is an isolated chain of small mountain plateaus, of moderate height, lying south of the Dângrêk Mountains. The range stretches for about 40km in a West North West - East South East direction and is located some 48km north of Siem Reap.
Its highest point is 487m and its height is quite regular, averaging 400m all along the range.
Geologically, Phnom Kulen is formed of sandstone. It was important as a quarry in Angkorian times, the major quarries being located in the southeastern angle of the massif. This site was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List on September 1, 1992 in the Cultural category.
On arrival at Kulen Mountain you will begin to climb up the path through jungle. Your guide will stop along the way to point out the many points of interest, including the ancient ruins of temples including the famous Linga river carvings, or a Pagoda on the mountain, before getting to chill in the waterfall and swim in the pools, while contemplating the crucial moment in history that this place is connected to.
Phnom Kulen is considered a holy mountain in Cambodia, of special religious significance to Hindus and Buddhists who come to the mountain in pilgrimage.
It also has a major symbolic importance for Cambodians as the birthplace of the ancient Khmer Empire, for it was at Phnom Kulen that King Jayavarman II proclaimed independence from Java in 804 CE. He initiated the Devaraja cult of the king, a linga cult, in what is dated as 804 CE and declaring his independence from Java of whom the Khmer had been a vassalage state (whether this is actually "Java", the Khmer chvea used to describe Champa, or "Lava" (a Lao kingdom) is debated, as well as the legend that he was earlier held as a ransom of the kingdom in Java. During the Angkorian era the relief was known as Mahendraparvata (the mountain of Great Indra).
The Khmer Rouge used the location as a final stronghold as their regime came to an end in 1979.
After you have experienced the historical beauty of Kulen you will stop for lunch and drinks before returning to your accommodation in Siem Reap.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
O embarque no hotel se inicia antes deste horário; é necessário entrar em contato com o provedor local de serviços para conferir o horário exato do embarque.
Os horários estão sujeitos a alteração dependendo das condições locais do trânsito.
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Kulen Mountain Warterfalls
- Expert guide
- All transport to/from hotel
- All check point fees
- Cold towels
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- There will be an opportunity to swim so please bring swimwear if desired
- Comfortable shoes highly recommended
- it's advised that both male and female visitors to the Temple cover to their elbows and knees or risk refusal of entry, due to the complex being a highly religious site.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.