Your expert local captain will take you out to the best sites to spot humpback and gray whales as well as porpoises, sea otters, seals, and some of the almost 300 bird species that live in the region. Weather and sea conditions will influence the itinerary for the trip and the captain will try to customize the tour to your interests. You might see otters lounging in kelp, whales feeding, seals barking, or perhaps even a bear wandering the beach; you’re sure to get lots of close-up experiences of the marine wildlife of Sitka.
When you return to land, you’ll board a comfortable 14-passenger van for a 2-hour land tour. Head over O’Connell Bridge for a fantastic view of Sitka, then cross the bridge to Japonski Island where you’ll hear about Sitka’s role in World War II.
Then head to Sitka National Historical Park and marvel at the Tlingit and Haida totem poles that stud a trail surrounded by spruce and hemlock trees. After, join your guide on a beautiful walk overlooking the Indian River. In the middle of the season, witness salmon spawning while your knowledgeable guide teaches you about the amazing life cycle of the salmon.
After taking in the sights at the park, you’ll drive south on a scenic road skirting Silver Bay to arrive at Fortress of the Bear, the largest bear reserve in North America. The 1.5-acre habitat takes in orphaned bear cubs to live in a naturalized setting. You’ll be able to get within 25 feet (8m) of the magnificent brown bears to watch them at play, then meet the knowledgeable staff who take care of the bears.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Sitka Cruise Ship Dock for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Detalhes do programa
Selecione um mês para exibir um calendário de detalhes sobre disponibilidade e partidas.
*Please arrive 15 minutes before your departure time
Informações sobre preços
Clique no link abaixo para verificar preços e disponibilidade na sua data de preferência de viagem. Nossos preços são atualizados constantemente a fim de garantir que você sempre terá os preços mais baixos possível.
Alaskan Wildlife by Land and Sea
- 2-hour marine life tour by catamaran
- 2-hour scenic tour of Sitka by 14-passenger van
- Live commentary on board
- Customizable, small-group tour
- Entrance and activity fees
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes: the weather in Sitka is always different so please dress in layers. Both the van and the boat have heated cabins for your comfort, but you will want to get out and enjoy the fresh air
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you are arriving on Holland America or Princess Cruises your ship will anchor off shore and you will be tendered to shore to Sitka’s cruise ship dock where you will meet your tour guide
- If you arrive via another cruise ship and dock at the terminal north of town you will need to ride the shuttle to downtown Sitka to Sitka’s cruise ship dock where you will meet your tour guide
- Please note: Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed
Política de cancelamento
Se cancelar entre 3 e 6 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 50 por cento.
Se cancelar no prazo de 2 dia(s) antes da partida agendada, haverá uma taxa de cancelamento de 100 por cento.