Descubra o melhor de Dubrovnik em uma excursão combinada pela Cidade Velha de e as antigas muralhas da cidade. Com o seu guia local, explore a Cidade Velha de Dubrovnik, um Patrimônio Mundial da UNESCO, e veja a Coluna de Orlando, a Torre do Sino da Cidade, o Palácio do Reitor e a Igreja de São Brás. Em seguida, explore antigas muralhas da cidade e veja o Forte Revelin e a Torre de Minceta. Enquanto passeia por Dubrovnik, aprenda com seu experiente guia local a história interessante desta cidade fortificada. Aproveite dois dos produtos mais vendidos a um preço com desconto!
5 Stars for the Ancient City Walls walking tour / 2 Stars for the Old Town walking tour. General feedback and advice is below.
Skip the Old Town Historical Walking Tour and just purchase the Ancient City Walls Historical Walking Tour. Much of the information presented on the Ancient City Walls tour was repeated on the Old Town tour but the views from the Ancient City Walls were much better. You'd only miss a few things by only buying the Ancient City Walls tour and the items you'd miss can easily be done or discovered on your own with a guidebook or by purchasing the 9 museum pass.
- We did the 5:00 pm tour and it was definitely the best choice. The temperature was cooler, there was a bit of a breeze, and the views as the sun was setting were great.
- We had a great guide who kept everyone moving but still allowed us enough time to snap photos and appreciate what we were seeing.
- The commentary provided by our guide offered valuable and timely information about the sites we were seeing.
Things to Know:
- The Ancient City Walls are a popular tourist attraction for a reason. They're beautiful in their own right, have wonderful views, and offer a great opportunity to hear about Dubrovnik's history but yes, they are crowded. You will be among many other tourists on their own and in groups.
- It takes about 2 hours to walk all the way around the walls.
- Make sure you know if your tour includes the admission prices for the walls or if you will buy that separately on-site.
- Stay toward the front of your group, near your guide whenever you can. The headsets only work within a certain range so if you fall behind you'll miss a lot of the information and just listen to a lot of static.
- The places selling drinks and desserts on the walls are really overpriced. I'd skip them and get something elsewhere if you can wait until after the tour ends.
- Wear shoes that are suitably comfortable for walking. You'll be standing or walking for at least 2 hours.
- Bring a hat or at least sunglasses. Wear sunscreen too. It's very sunny up on the walls and there is extremely limited shade.
- Don't throw out your admission ticket to the walls. You have to show it again halfway through the tour.
My wife and i were so delighted joining the tour , guided by Marco, to understand how and why Dubronvik had to build the Wall that way. He even explained to us the civil war in 1991. It was a very interesting tour that you couldn't afford to miss when you travel in Croatia.
Brilliant tour of the Old Town with Marco in the morning, a true Croatian with excellent English. Knowledgeable and very engaging with the group. Afternoon tour of the walls was ok, spoilt a little by the headset coverage. Worth doing as well though !
Both guides were outstanding and very informative. We took the morning wall tour which I think was a good choice since the walls were not too busy and it was not too hot. We chose to do the 6 pm old town tour which was nice but it did get dark which made some of the sites hard to see. Lots of walking and stair climbing especially on the wall tour which took about 2.5 hours. Try to book your tours when there arent' too many cruise ships in port you can research this on the internet.