Aproveite esta excursão supereconômica combinando os dois tours mais vendidos na Cidade do México a um preço com desconto. Em um dia, descubra os encantos da colonial Coyoacán e, em seguida, faça um passeio de 'trajinera' pelos canais de Xochimilco considerados um Patrimônio da Humanidade da UNESCO, onde você pode comprar lanches direito do seu barco. Caminhe pela universidade mais antiga da América do Norte e admire o seu Campus Central, outro Patrimônio da Humanidade. Fãs de Frida Kahlo e Diego Rivera admiram sua antiga residência, a Casa Azul e admiram de perto a parceria turbulenta, ainda que produtiva, dos artistas.
A excursão ao distrito de Coyoacán teve seu ponto alto no passeio de trajinera pelos canais de Xochimilco, com direito à música ao vivo e pelas histórias contadas pelo Guia Gabriel Amigos Tour e muita emoção na Casa Azul de Frida Kahlo e Diego Rivera, onde tivemos a oportunidade de visitar cada cantinho onde ela viveu e se projetou ao mundo com sua história conturbada, sofrida e comovente, contadas pelos seus quadros. E, por fim, fomos ao Campus Central de la Ciudade Universitaria de la UNAM, patrimônio mundial. Passeio perfeito.
My priority was to get photos of the tranjinaras at Xochimilco for a book project. Getting photos of the church at Coyoacan, Frida Khalo Museum, and the National University murals was a plus that worked out well. The guides apparently were very informative, at least when I had time to listen to them when not shooting. Tours are sometimes okay ways of getting photo opportunities efficiently and this was one of the better tours to do that. Only complaint I had was the boatmen on our tranjinara were very cooperative in letting members of the group come to the front of the boat to take photos for the early part of the cruise, but decided to get uncooperative when I tried to do a critical photo I needed toward the end of the cruise. One who understood some English was somewhat understanding that I was doing a job but the other guy became a bit surly. I got what I needed so look for the book CRUISING THE WORLD next year.
Definitely recommend this excursion. I did this one on xmas eve and unfortunately, Frida's house was closed so we only saw the outside. We spent just the right time in Coyoacan and will definitely return on my own. The National University was a nice stop and the art work you will see is pretty amazing. Xochimilco was definitely the highlight. It was a nice trip on the man-made lake with a nice lunch . Because it was xmas eve the traffic was really lite so we got back early.
- Overview: This was our first tour using Viator. It was great! Our tour guides were Arturo and Andraina both fantastic and bilingual English-Spanish. Be prepared for lots of walking and being on your feet. Sidewalks and streets are uneven. Wear comfortable clothing.
- Departure details: It's a little confusing at first as the meeting point is located behind the Palace of Fine Arts and it's not marked with signs or banners. If you arrive a little early you may wonder if you're at the right place, but you are. Soon other tourists will gather then busses, guides and vans will appear. The various guides will get you on the right bus or van and you will be on your way. We were on a bus and it was very comfortable.
- Coyoacan: Our first stop was the plaza/old church. It's a lovely colonial area with shops and restaurants. We were there about an hour which was the right amount of time to walk around and check things out.
- Frida Kahlo Museum: About a ten minute walk through Coyoacan to the museum. The lines wrapped around the building but with the tour we literally walked right in. We were there maybe an hour. Could have used more time, at least half an hour see comments later about this. Great museum with lots of art and artifacts.
- Xochimilco: Awesome experience on the boats. As we were there on a Sunday there were lots of people and boats on the water - a big fiesta! We had mariachi's play on the boats we each pitched in 20 pesos and had lunch as well around 240 pesos or 14 per person including drinks that is made on another boat.
- National University of Mexico: spent about an hour visiting the campus. Could be cut down to 30 minutes and have more time added to the Frida museum.
Tuvimos una muy buena experiencia con Amigo Tours. El bus era bastante cómodo, el conductor Segu y el guía Dani muy amables, y logramos cubrir todo lo que se mencionaba en el itinerario sin tener que correr. Vi que algunas personas se quejaron por el tiempo de estadía en el museo de Frida Kahlo pero la verdad es que este se recorre en menos de una hora. Definitivamente recomiendo esta opción para recorrer todos esos lugares del sur de CDMX.
I was very excited and really looking forward to sail on those colorful boats that is so well advertised for this excursion, however this particular part was a major disappointment. as we got in the boat we kept bumping onto the other boats, there was nothing to see but boats struggling each way into the canal. the Marciana music intertainment was okay but expensive. We had lunch that was cooked in another boat. I question the sanitation and hand hygiene happening in that boat kitchen.....I actually got very sick in the stomach that night.
The tour guide was excellent!!!!